- Do not check your web stats each day (sorry, I'm too neurotic)
- Avoid "get hits quick" schemes (I call this "linkslutting"). And no, articles on tradesports.com contracts on the Michael Jackson case don't count. But, in case you're interested...
- Write like everybody's reading
- Genuinely comment on other people's blogs
- Join an alliance or two
- Draw readers, not tourists
How To Blog Like A Rock Star (From Nykola.com)
Every once in a while, I like to "metablog" (i.e. blog about blogging). Ambra Nykol over at Nykola.com has been metablogging, and has a piece titled, "how to blog like a rock star". Here's a summary of part 2 of the series: