Last Minute Fun With The CFA Exam

T'was the night before the CFA exam, and of course the Unknown Son starts complaining loudly of severe stomach pains. Of course, this ended all possibility of any last-minute reviewing. He started vomiting repeatedly, and ended up sleeping in our bed with the Unknown Wife, and I went to the guest bedroom (no way I'd get to sleep with a sick kid in the bed).

I got up early the next morning and went to the exam. Just before heading in, I called home to find out that unknown Son was on his way to the hospital. He was admitted in the morning after tests revealed elevated liver enzymes, which typically indicates some kind of viral thingy in the liver.

Despite concerns in the back of my mind about Unknown Son, the morning session of the exam went surprisingly well - or at least I thought so. The afternoon session, on the other hand, was a different story. The best way to describe it is "They didn't call, they didn't send flowers, and they didn't respect me in the morning." So, I have no clue if I made it over the hump or not.

Ah well, done is done. I headed home, changed, and went to the hospital to relieve U.W. and sleep overnight in Unknown Son's room. At least, I slept from 12 until about 6 - he was more interested in reading me sections of his latest book selection (Diary of A Wimpy Kid). His liver results were more normal today, so he got discharged this afternoon, with follow-up tests for later in the week.

With this behind me, I'm eager to put the books down and get back to research tomorrow. For tonight, it's SLEEP (I already took at two-hour nap this afternoon, and should get a good 10-12 hours in).