Once Again, The Movie Critics And I Disagree

The Unknown Mother-In-Law has a cottage on a lake in northern Vermont (Unknown Wife's father built it years ago). I'm not much for the place, and had a lot of work to do. So, the rest of the Unknown Family went up there for about a week, and I get to be a bachelor.

In addition to cylcling when I want (no need to coordinate dinner with the family) and putting in a lot of time at work, I get to see all the guy movies that Unknown Wife doesn't care for.

Last night it was Hancock. The critics were of two minds about the film, but I loved it. First, it's Wil Smith at his best - both as a Bad Boy and his "sweet" side. Second, it's a pretty good "hero" story. And third, what he does to two prisoners was just hilarious (yeah, I know - it was crude. So sue me - I'm a guy). So, the general rule follows - what ever a critic says is almost useless to me as far as determining whether or not I'll like a movie.